Awhile back a posted about my favorite things about summer, so now that autumn (or fall, depending on what you like to call it) is in full swing, I thought it was time to delight in all of the glorious simple pleasures of the new season.
1. The color of the leaves right now. Of course this has to be #1. Autumn brings vibrant hues everywhere you look, and it makes me so happy.
2. Burning candles. I stocked up on some new scents of the season at Bath and Body Works when they were on sale. I’ve been loving Cider Lane and Cinnamon Sugared Donut.
3. Facial oils. Due to the cooler weather and less humidity in the hair, my skin is already starting to feel dry. I love this balancing facial oil from Suki because it smells awesome and nourishes my skin beautifully.
4. Downton Abbey. OMG. I’m late to the party on this one, but I recently discovered this show (thanks to Megan from The Detoxinista) and I’m utterly obsessed. How could a show about rich aristocrats and their servants be entertaining, you ask? For me, I love the history, the gorgeous period costumes, the love stories, and the fact that it’s relatively “clean.” And the granny’s witty comments crack me up! I finished watching the first two seasons, and now I’m re-watching them because I love it so much. Yeah, it’s that good.
5. Meyer lemons. These babies are back in stores, and the flavor is amazing. It’s like a slightly sweeter lemon, and just thinking about it makes my mouth water! I’m looking for more ways to use these in my cooking because I love them so much.
6. Being a student again. As I mentioned in this post, I’m going back to school for holistic nutrition. It’s been tough juggling reading and homework with a full-time job, but I enjoy the subject matter so much, it doesn’t feel like work!
7. Colorful pea coats. If I could, I would have a pea coat in every color. I especially love these from Lands End. When it’s cold outside and you wear a coat everywhere, you have to have cute coats, because people can’t see what you’re wearing anyway! I already have red, bright pink, charcoal grey, and chocolate brown, but this baby blue one is calling my name.
8. Eating healthy. I’ve really been working on my diet lately. I’ve almost completely cut out dairy, and I’m eating tons more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods. I’m even down to only 1-2 cups of coffee a week! I’ve been doing a lot more juicing, and I love the way it makes me feel. It can be expensive stocking up on organic produce, but I’d rather cut back in other areas of my life (buh-bye impulsive nail polish purchases!) and feed my body the best possible nutrients. Health is everything!
9. Darker nail polish. Speaking of nail polish, I’ve been digging through my stash and pulling out colors I haven’t worn since the beginning of summer. Dark burgundy, navy blue, and grey have been on my tips lately.
10. Flannel pj pants. When I’m at home, I pretty much live in flannel pajama bottoms. Last Christmas I got some from Old Navy and Victoria’s Secret (they come in long lengths, so I don’t end up with capris after I’ve washed them a few times) and I can’t get them on fast enough when I get home in the evenings. They feel so soft, comfy, and warm. They make me happy!
Reader feedback: What are you loving your life right now? What simple pleasures are bringing you joy? I’d love to hear!